Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Just a few quick things since soccer went really, really long because of a maybe serious injury to someone on the other team.

Walking It was so beautiful today that I tried out the walking paths through the woods and around two small lakes on the company grounds. Not exactly rustic but a nice place to walk. I did the short loop but I might try the long loop tomorrow. There were a lot of people out there.

I Went Back to Widgets-Briefly On Tuesday I drove back to Widgets after work to drop off my crappy laptop that they let me use. It took me until last weekend to get my personal files off it.

The closer I got to the building, the more stressed out I felt. Seriously. I devised a plan to just go to HR and drop off the computer and run out. As soon as I was inside the door, however, I saw some friendly people who wanted to say hi and to tell me that it still sucked there. I even got a hug.

After a few minutes I got to HR where everyone was friendly, asking about my new job. Then my previous manager showed up and made the obvious joke about "You can't come back." Ha Ha. I escaped soon after. I hope to never go in there again.

Widgets Update One of my longtime coworkers has gotten another job. Yay!

Today I also got an update on the hellish projects that are progressing poorly and good initial reports about my replacement. I'm hoping for the best for all the programmers.

More tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger sadboy001 said...

Could you have left it in the lobby with a Post-It? I guess someone may have frowned on that.

Losing another long-time widgeteer (widget worker, widget... whatever) caught us a little off gaurd, but I think we're all a bit jealous. Seeking lower stress appears to be the current theme these days.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home