Wednesday, December 14, 2005

My seven hour class on the legal and regulatory system was good. I was surprised how much of that stuff I remembered (three branches of government, federalism) but I didn’t know much about legal practice (criminal vs. civil). There are intriguing questions like how could OJ be not guilty in criminal court and guilty in a civil proceeding (different burden of proof, no right not to testify in civil cases, etc.)

We were also given an introduction to how legal and legislative information is published (in consecutive order, in subject areas, etc.), who publishes it, and what the competing products are. I picked up the meaning of a lot of company acronyms.

I left home fifteen minutes early this morning and got here right at 8:30 when the class started. Driving in snow storms is annoying. Surprisingly most of the class was there when I got to the classroom.

I did manage to sneak in a flu shot at lunchtime. I was worried that there would be a long line but when I got to the door there were three nurses standing around waiting for someone. They started to jokingly fight over me until I picked one. With all the pandemic publicity, I suppose the regular flu doesn't seem so scary anymore and people are just skipping the shot.

Now I’m headed out to soccer through what will be an abysmal traffic jam on 35E. The traffic should be cleared up by the time I head home.

I haven’t heard much from Widgets in the past few days as people put in their 18 hour days to prepare for this week's launches for the Network Who Should Not Be Named. I’m withholding comment until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home