Thursday, January 05, 2006

I have to apologize to the creators of my new time tracking software. It does total the hours for each day. The total is at the top of the column, not the bottom where I expected the totals to be.

The free fruit of the day was bananas.

I found the matching gift form on the HR web site today. The company matches employee contributions to a wide variety of non-profit organizations. I'll be putting in a few of those this year.

I spent a few hours learning about laws/statutes/codes and how my company receives, annotates, relates them to past laws and judicial cases, and delivers them. A very nice reference attorney and another co-worker walked me through the subject, then gave me some materials to read. I logged onto our online product to see how the users viewed the information and then I explored for a while.

While I was logged into the product, I decided to look for the scary personal information I had heard was there. As an employee, I have access to all 20,000+ databases while customers only buy particular databases and have a lot of access controls attached to even that information.

I didn't find much. I can do reverse phone lookups, get into the general information in the license databases of most states and see the address/phone information from your credit report.

Oh, I can also check for criminal records. I found out that a couple of guys with my last name had a lot of trouble with the police in the 60s. (I'm almost sure they're not related to me.)

I went to the library and checked out a new business book, "The concise Adair on creativity and innovation," to write about. I'll start this weekend. I also got some books on CD out of the library that I'm importing right now. I love that library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home