Thursday, January 12, 2006

Well I blew most of the evening showing my daughter my company's online product. We did some case law searches and a lot of public record searches to find out the secret lives of everyone we know. Not really...I always search for myself or other family members.

We did find a tax assessor record that says my lot has one million acres. We're going to start evicting the neighbors this weekend! We were unsuccessful in finding death records for my grandparents and we did confirm that I hadn't been convicted of a crime.

I've spent the last few days at work in small group and one-on-one meetings to figure out what people do and to explain the status of my projects to other groups. I really like that kind of interaction. People are very friendly, ask good questions, and always think of ways they can help, even though they're really busy like everyone else. (I think I have the smallest workload of anyone in the building at the moment.)

The company is in the middle of a major hiring binge. The web site has dozens of jobs and we've been told to expect a lot more postings, all to handle the migration that I'm part of as well as new features that the company needs to compete with our one major competitor. I have no idea where those new people are going to park.

The migration, which was originally scheduled to be done in 2005 now is stretching out into the future. My peer and I joke that we're going to retire when the migration is finished.

Ok, back to trying to make my extra hard drive accessible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home